Friday, February 22, 2013

Holiness to the Lord

** This is for a class I'm taking :) Figured I'd try posting on my blog for this assignment**



Choice 3: Leviticus 17-25. Be Holy even as I, the Lord, am Holy.
Becoming holy and sanctified means drawing closer to God therefore becoming less common. In other words it means being in the world but not of it. Jehovah was the perfect person to command His followers to be holy, as He was holy himself. If he were not holy could not expect His followers to become something He was not. In order for us to teach others to be holy we need to exemplify holiness as well. Part of being holy is keeping the commandments, staying close to Heavenly Father, and following Christ’s example. Through reading the book of Leviticus I am able to learn what commandments I am to follow and how I am to follow my Savior.

 The Lord tells us that when we follow the commandments “[we] shall live in them” and I think this relates to having eternal life through obedience to the commandments and ordinances the Lord has set forth. Some of the commandments found are:
1.      Honor thy Father and Mother
2.      Love thy neighbor (do not curse him)
3.      Love thy God (give reverence to Him)
4.      Do not judge unrighteously
5.      Do not commit adultery

I think the commandments we as people have a hardest time with is judging unrighteously, loving our God, and committing adultery. Personal I struggle the most with judging unrighteously. I have been learning through my errors in judgment that I jump to conclusions far too quickly and I tend to stick to what I have falsely assumed. I have learned to allow the spirit to direct the way I feel about something or someone and allow compassion to guide my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts. I'm with you, judging unrighteously is a hard one!

    ReplyDelete