Thursday, November 15, 2012

Not Ashamed

You know when you make a decision that you know will be the start of something great for you? Sometimes we feel like we should share those and then sometimes we feel like we shouldn't. Bernard and I made the decision last month to get rid of the birth control and let The Lord grant us a child when He was ready.
For the longest time I haven't been telling anyone. I was feeling like maybe people would think we were crazy for making that decision so soon. And then, especially at BYU Idaho, after telling people anytime I get sick they'd think I was pregnant :-/ I guess part of it was my own insecurities of being able to trust that when it was the right time we WOULD get pregnant.
None of that should deter me from owning a decision we both made together through prayer. I'm feeling like owning our decision should be part of the revelation process. Not only pondering, asking, and acting, but also taking responsibility for the decision made.
With that, I'm proud to announce that Bernard and I have made the decision to start having kids :) Phew! Man that feels good ;)

5 comments:

  1. And may you enjoy the process!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nothing to be ashamed of either. Everyone finds they're ready for the next stage of life in their own time. Good luck to you both!

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray Meesh Meesh! You guys are going to be great parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Thanks for friends!! So excited that people are reading my blog =D

    ReplyDelete